Garden Studio Ideas – Building a garden studio is a great way to add extra space to your home without going through the hassle and expense of building an extension. Garden studios can be used for several different purposes, and they offer a unique way to bring the outdoors inside.
Here are 10 outdoor garden room ideas to get you started, including some garden room ideas for interior decoration.
What can you do with a garden studio?
- Artist studio: If you’re an artist, a garden studio is the perfect place to create your art. You’ll have plenty of natural light and fresh air to inspire you, and you won’t have to worry about disturbing the rest of the household when you’re working.
- Playhouse for the kids: A garden studio makes a great playhouse for the kids. They’ll enjoy having their own space to play in, and you won’t have to worry about them making a mess of the house. Bright colours and easy-to-clean surfaces are a must!
- Yoga studio: Yoga studios are becoming increasingly popular, and a garden studio is a good place to set one up. You can enjoy the peace and quiet of your own garden while you practice yoga and meditation. If you’re looking for garden room decor ideas for a yoga studio, consider pastel colours, laminate flooring, and comfortable mats to practice your yoga on.
- Music studio: A garden studio is ideal for setting up a music studio. You’ll be able to make as much noise as you want without disturbing the neighbours.
- Garden office: If you work from home, a garden office is a great way to get fresh air and take advantage of the natural light. You can also use it as a place to meet with clients if you work in a business that requires face-to-face meetings. With an insulated garden room, ideas like this make sense – it’s the perfect temperature to work in.
- Guesthouse: A garden studio makes a great guest house for out-of-town visitors. They’ll appreciate having their own space to relax, and you won’t have to worry about them taking over your house. However, if your guests want to sleep in for instance a one-bed garden room, you may need to have planning permission – see below.
- Home gym: A garden studio is a great place to set up a home gym. You can get in a workout without having to go to the gym, and you can enjoy the fresh air and natural light while you exercise.
- Game room: Our insulated garden room ideas include using your garden studio to set up a game room. You can have friends over to play games without disturbing the rest of the household, and you’ll enjoy the natural light and fresh air.
- Home theatre: A garden studio is a great place to set up a home theatre. You can enjoy movies and TV in your own private space, and you won’t have to worry about disturbing the rest of the household. Choose comfortable furniture, dimmable lighting, and a big TV or projector – you won’t regret it!
- Reading room: A garden studio makes a great reading room. You can enjoy the peace and quiet of your own backyard while you read, and you’ll have plenty of natural light to see by.
These are just a few ways you can use a garden studio. With a little creativity, you can come up with even more ideas. So if you’re looking for extra space at home, consider building a garden studio. It’s a great way to add value to your home and enjoy the outdoors.
Can I build a studio in my garden?
The short answer is yes, but there are a few things you need to consider before you start construction. First, you’ll need to check with your local authority whether planning permission is required. Planning permission is not required for most buildings under a certain size, but this can vary in different areas.
Next, you’ll need to choose a location for your studio. It’s important to choose a spot that gets plenty of sunlight, and you’ll want to make sure there’s enough space for you to move around freely.
Once you’ve chosen a location and obtained planning permission (if required), you can start construction on your garden studio.
How do you build a garden studio?
If you have a strong passion for DIY, it can be tempting to try to build a garden studio yourself. However, at Loghouse, we have years of experience in creating the ideal garden room studio for every situation. Whatever your outdoor garden room ideas are, we can make them a reality.
With a range of styles to choose from, you can choose to have the materials delivered and construct the building yourself, or let us do it for you. We can take care of everything from custom designs to getting your garden studio connected to the electricity supply and internet.
Our goal is to give you a garden studio that is useful, comfortable, and perfect for your needs.
Can I sleep in my garden room?
You can only sleep in your garden room if you adhere to specific building regulations. If the garden room Ireland has been constructed without these in mind, you cannot legally sleep in it – doing so effectively turns it into a residential property for which specific planning permission is required.
What is the 7-year rule in planning permission?
The 7-year rule is a rule that accounts for building work that has been completed without required planning permission but has remained unchallenged for a period of at least 7 years.
The rule is based upon Section 157(4) of the Planning and Development Act 2000, which effectively states that local authorities may not serve enforcement notices for an unauthorised development after seven years since the commencement of the development. This means that if there is unauthorised development to a property such as a conversion, extension, shed or similar works and 7 years have passed since these works were carried out, then the local authority cannot attend on site to take enforcement action.
Keep in mind that local rules and regulations may not always allow for the 7-year rule to be applied – Section 157(4)(b) of the 2000 Act, which states that enforcement can still be taken after seven years if a person has failed to satisfy a planning condition concerning the use of the land.
Therefore it’s always best to check with your local authority before starting any building work.
Do garden rooms add value?
Garden rooms can add significant value to your home. They provide extra living space that can be used for various purposes.
When it comes to selling your home, a garden room can be a real selling point. However, it’s important to remember that not all garden rooms are created equal. If you’re looking to add value to your home, it’s important to choose rooms for gardens that is well-built and stylish.
At Loghouse, we pride ourselves on creating garden rooms that are both functional and beautiful. We believe that your garden room should be an asset, not a liability – and we’ll work with you to make sure that’s exactly what you get.
Whether you’re looking for extra space, a place to pursue your hobbies, or simply somewhere to relax, a garden room can be the perfect solution. With a little creativity, you can turn your garden studio into anything you want it to be.
(Also related: garden rooms Ireland, garden office Ireland, insulated garden rooms Ireland, garden rooms prices Ireland, cheap garden rooms Ireland, garden rooms Dublin, best garden rooms Ireland)
Ever wondered about Garden Room Gadgets ? Read our latest blog post for details